Double Edged Safety Razor, Thick Handled - Ivory
The Norse thick handled double edged safety razor is a slightly heavier and longer razor which tends to be more popular with people with bigger hands. If shaving your head the longer handle can make it slightly harder to shave around the back of head but if shaving legs the longer handle makes it easier for the less flexible to reach the bottom of the legs. The razor is made in the United Kingdom from steel, brass and chrome and the insert in the handle is made from recycled plastic. The razor comes with 5 x razor blades to get you started.
The benefits of shaving with a double edged safety razor are:
- Single blade so less irritation to the skin, for men this means less rashing and spotting around the neck, for women who shave their legs less itchy grow back and ingrown hairs,
- No single use disposable plastic so your environmental impact is reduced,
- 200 razor blades cost about £20 so you save a fortune on razor blades.
To use the razor you:
- Unscrew the head and insert a blade,
- Hold the razor to your face at an angle of between 30 to 45 degrees,
- Allow the weight of the razor to ‘power’ the shave, using short strokes,
- When the razor becomes blunt it will ‘hang’ on the hair, rotate the razor or change the blade.